FM: Infuse Student Ministry team is excited for the upcoming General Conference Youth Summit.
We have always offered some kind of student element at General Conference, but this year, we are coming together to offer a new kind of experience for students going into grades 7-12.
Students will be able to have somewhat of a “choose-your-own-adventure” experience, all while experiencing what it means to be part of the global Free Methodist Church. We will have worship sessions together in the morning with some energetic music, some crazy-awesome games, and some great teaching from James Fransz, an author and pastor from Murrieta, CA. Students will be given the option of different tracks to take for breakout sessions including topics like leadership, spiritual disciplines, and also a track that will provide students with everything they need to begin pursuing full time ministry in the Free Methodist Church.
In the evenings, we will worship with General Conference in a multi-cultural, inter-generational worship experience. Combined with being at a resort with incredible pools, and the fact that we’ll be going to Aquatica on our free day, you will have a unique, incredible opportunity for students to grow in their faith. We on the FM:Infuse team are pumped to have the opportunity to organize this experience, and we hope youth pastors will bring their students. They’ll learn more about our denomination, learn more about following Jesus Christ, and will have an incredible time.
– Jeremy has been in youth ministry for 8 years. He’s been married to his amazing wife, Sara, for 9 years, and loves spending time playing tennis and basketball. He is passionate about developing the next generation leaders and church planting. He is the lead pastor of Go Church, a new church planting movement in Indianapolis, Indiana.
– Mark is a youth ministry veteran of about 14 years. He’s been married to his amazing wife Lisa for 11, and loves spending time with her and their 4 kids Micah, Cozy, Eli & Ezra. He’s passionate about teaching, and showing people who Jesus Christ is and how crazy in love with them he is! He also loves hockey. Like, a lot. And shouty music.
– Zach strives to love Jesus, and make Him famous in the hearts of teenagers. He has been serving in youth ministry since 2001. In his spare time you can find him reading, playing with his kids, or completely enthralled with his latest Netflix obsession. Zach and his wife Suzanne have a son (Isaac), two daughters (Karis and Bella), and a cat (whom he does not claim.)
– Jason wants to make a difference by engaging and inspiring the next generational leaders for Christ. When he’s not with his youth playing tennis, getting coffee, or playing video games, he enjoys camping at Wabash Park Camp and Retreat Center, hiking, shopping, and playing all kinds of sports.
– Sara is an elementary music teacher and loves youth ministry. She has been married to Jeremy Lefler for 9 years. She previously worked for the Free Methodist World Ministries Center as the administrative assistant to the COO. She loves video games, music, reading, and Starbucks.
– Marc leads the Greenville University Pursuit Worship Team that will be leading GCYS19 in worship each morning.
– Originally from Indianapolis, Indiana, Daniel is currently a graduate student at George Fox University seeking his masters in Clinical Mental Health and is the youth pastor at Journey Church in Sherwood, Oregon. Community and Development are his buzz words for student ministry. He wants to create a safe place for youth to grow together in Christ. He and his wife Gwendolyn enjoy hiking, exploring new cities, brunch, and photography.